Thursday, May 21, 2009

36 weeks

It is hard to believe that 36 weeks have gone by already. I only have 11 more days of work until maternity leave starts! Jason says I'm counting down the days like a little kid counting down for Christmas. It has been a busy week getting things done around the house to get ready for Baby Whitesell. Shelves and wall letter are hung, the mobile is put together and attached to the crib, clothes and blankets are washed- and the room is now finished! We decided on our pediatrician (who went to UVA but we will let it slide since she is so highly recommended...) and tonight we went to an Infant CPR and First Aid class.

We had two doctor appointments today and they both went great. I've started getting Braxton Hicks contractions (non-painful "practice" contractions), which is normal. Skip to the next paragraph if you're not into reading details about my "progress"... I had my first internal exam today. I am not dilated yet but I am 70% effaced. This really doesn't mean anything with regards to when she will arrive but it is good to know things are progressing.


Since we've been doing belly pics every 4 weeks, this *could* be the last one! Week 9 seems like an eternity ago.







We hope you all have a great Memorial Day weekend!

2 comments:

angie said...

Congrats! I am *so* happy for you! You look precious!

Patti G said...

You look amazing Jen!

 

Made by Lena