Sunday, March 15, 2009

Childbirth class

We had two days of childbirth classes this weekend. Good news, we did not have to watch "the video". It was actually really informative and definitely worth our time. We learned everything we wanted to know and more between the labor and delivery nurse, pediatrician, lactation consultant...and Jason learned how to change a diaper. I forgot how small the little newborn diapers are.

We were able to tour the hospital and see the labor and delivery rooms. They are all private, huge, have wifi (!) and are so much nicer than I expected. Some even have a jacuzzi. We walked by the nursery and saw a cute new little baby all swaddled up and then saw the room where we'll be for the first few days post- birth. Why the TVs in the rooms broadcast ESPN but not Lifetime, TLC or E! I have no idea. New moms get a free massage which is a cool perk and dad's get a free meal in the cafeteria (I guess that makes up for ESPN).

We picked up the piggy bank, Jason did a great job!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got to see the digs, at least you kinda know what to expect when you get there. Yeah, it sounds like it's a tiny bit different that the Army hospital in Alaska where I had Lance 20 years ago. lol

Patti G said...

Very, very cute pig. I can't believe the time is getting so close! Thanks for keeping us updated.

 

Made by Lena