Friday, October 31, 2008

Heartbeat!

On Thursday, we had our first ultrasound and saw our baby's heartbeat! It was so amazing seeing the heartbeat flash from something as small as a tic tac! Our doctor also delivered my brother and sister, which makes me feel very comfortable. She actually drove home from vacation to be there for the delivery and has been a family friend for a very long time. Our next appointment is November 25th. Keeping fingers crossed that we may be able to hear the heartbeat next time.

The nausea and food aversions have started. Brushing my teeth is an interesting experience and I can no longer stomach two of my favorites: ginger ale or peppermint tea. I took a Tums for the first time in my life and now understand what bloating really is! Confession: I definitely drove home from work today with my pants unzipped. We're only at 7 weeks... I can only imagine what is to come! Jason is being great and has already read a few books on what other crazy things to expect over the next 7 or so months.

Baby Whitesell's first picture (baby is in the black blob in the upper left corner)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you just TRYING TO MAKE ME CRY??? I didn't know you had a picture of our baby!

Oh Jen, you have no idea how excited I am.

Amanda said...

The cutest black blob I've ever seen :)

Dixie said...

Ginger ale and peppermint tea is what you have when you're feeling queasy. What in the world do you have when those are the things that make you queasy?

First picture. This is the beginning of a very exciting adventure!

 

Made by Lena